My 1990 TZR250 2MA

m3-paul
This post is 5462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought this might be of some interest to a few on here. Long story turned short!!!

Was at the pub with a few mates and was reminiscing with a bloke about the 'good old day' of two strokes etc. Said how I would like another and he says that his dad has one. Now remember I am less than sober at the moment, so I ask a few questions, the most important, what is it? HE responds it is a mint TZR250 'H' reg and he would possibly sell. So I say I will buy it :rolleyes: .

Next day I get a text to say he will sell to me. Go see the bike and it is superb. Talk money and offer £450 and can't believe it when he accepts :blink: .

Bike was SORN'd and had no MOT so I had to get that sorted and to be fair you never know if you are buying a pup even if the bodywork is shiny.

Apart from a non working powervalve and vomitting carbs (all now sorted) she was spot on.

Just need to change the gearbox oil, replace tyres and replace pads and disks to bring her up to A1 standard.

Here is my girl :lol: .

The photos with my kids on the bike was the day I brought it home.

tzr9.jpg

tzr8.jpg

tzr2.jpg

cleaned1.jpg

cleaned3.jpg

4.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Dude, your like that woman with no legs at the stawberry squashing contest. . . a Jammy C#nt

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments. I assure you that I paid £450 and it really as good in the metal as it is in the pics. It really is like it was ridden for a year and then put in a time capsule. I guess that is the advantage of buying from a retired bloke who looked after his stuff ;) .

• 3 months later...

Very nice sir! The good old two strokes. They have the added bonus that the speed cameras can't get your plate because of the protective smoke :D Must be a great bike fr the twisties...

• Who's Online (See full list)