fzs600 fazer w reg

brianfzs600
This post is 4866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, could anybody help me out here ? i need to know what other rear brake calipers will fit the fzs600 fazer, as mine are seized and cant locate a decent replacement part and dont have the 250- 300 quid for new.any help would be appreciated as need to get her back on road asap!!!!cheers guys :blink: o7846531440 for a text reply

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Blue spot rear caliper off a Fazer 1000,, but you will need to do a little bit of filing on the caliper bracket, to get the bolt holes to line up, don`t be tempted to go for any other (ie R1) cos they wont fit.

This is a usefull up grade, improved brake and the 600s caliper tends to seize up unless cleaned regularly.

Oooooooo you already found that out ;)

disc.jpg

hi guys thanks for your help , being a newbie to the site, even though i had my fzs for 2yrs now! will have a look for a blue spot off a thou, although i did check with a dealer and he said r1 of same would be ok?????is he talking shit? :huh:

• 8 months later...

Blue spot rear caliper off a Fazer 1000,, but you will need to do a little bit of filing on the caliper bracket, to get the bolt holes to line up, don`t be tempted to go for any other (ie R1) cos they wont fit.

This is a usefull up grade, improved brake and the 600s caliper tends to seize up unless cleaned regularly.

Oooooooo you already found that out ;)

Hey, I have a 1998 FZS 600 and the rear brake caliper minced! I like the idea of upgrading to a FZS 1000 caliper. Do you reckon a 2004 FZS 1000s caliper would fit my 1998 FZS 600? Also, can you tell me roughly how much material you had to file away? What year is your FZS 600? Cheers...

• 1 year later...

Hi,

First of all sorry for reheating the old topic,

I have the same problem with my rear caliper in my Fazer, its completely seized...like concrete. I was thinking about stripping it and rebuilding, but from I have read these problems will happen again...

So my question is - what filling is required when fitting the caliper from Fazer 1000 ? and calipers from which years of 1000 will fit without a problem ?

Thanks,

Anarch

What about crisp rocket with parma ham and thin slices of geurkin :huh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online