Exup Issue...I think

EwOkIE
This post is 5415 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right If you havent read my previous posts, heres a brief overview.....

Carbs recently rebalanced along with valves refitted (in Garage for 5 weeks...long story)

Got bike back...still having issues...took back to Garage, rebalanced carbs...

Had bike for a week...it cut out..sent back to Garage.

They adjusted the mixture to be a little bit richer..seems ok, but told me it may need dyno'd.

Idles up and down still and bogs down after 120 mph...

Due to load bearing or something when setting up....as they say!

Anyway...

When I got bike back from the last visit from Garage, I changed HT leads, stripped bike and gave it a good clean...

Now!.. When bike starts on the button it STARTS ...better than before and no idle jumps on revs...just small ticking..

So I took it for a spin up and down the motorway, cant get above 65 mph now, feels like carbs are fully opened and really grinding to a halt.

Had a look at it when I got back home, exup cable snapped at the bottom.

Would this cause the 65mph issue, is it slowing me down as when I reach around 4K revs it struggles.

Also, I know its a diffreent topic but where can I get a set of graphics for my fairing, not the text but the lines for the YZF 750 R version (burgundy to red wavy line)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right If you havent read my previous posts, heres a brief overview.....

Carbs recently rebalanced along with valves refitted (in Garage for 5 weeks...long story)

Got bike back...still having issues...took back to Garage, rebalanced carbs...

Had bike for a week...it cut out..sent back to Garage.

They adjusted the mixture to be a little bit richer..seems ok, but told me it may need dyno'd.

Idles up and down still and bogs down after 120 mph...

Due to load bearing or something when setting up....as they say!

Anyway...

When I got bike back from the last visit from Garage, I changed HT leads, stripped bike and gave it a good clean...

Now!.. When bike starts on the button it STARTS ...better than before and no idle jumps on revs...just small ticking..

So I took it for a spin up and down the motorway, cant get above 65 mph now, feels like carbs are fully opened and really grinding to a halt.

Had a look at it when I got back home, exup cable snapped at the bottom.

Would this cause the 65mph issue, is it slowing me down as when I reach around 4K revs it struggles.

Also, I know its a diffreent topic but where can I get a set of graphics for my fairing, not the text but the lines for the YZF 750 R version (burgundy to red wavy line)

Hi,

I guess a disabled exup valve will not slow the bike down that much ,,, is the 'tick' from the cylinder/cylinder head area ? and is the engine running like a 'bag of poo' ? sort of bad idle & poor aceleration but be the same point runs ok if reved up in neutral ?

Regards Jim

Hi,

I guess a disabled exup valve will not slow the bike down that much ,,, is the 'tick' from the cylinder/cylinder head area ? and is the engine running like a 'bag of poo' ? sort of bad idle & poor aceleration but be the same point runs ok if reved up in neutral ?

Regards Jim

Tick is around cylinder head area yes, not sure if its cause I changed the spark plug caps or not, as bike idles and is better at pulling away than before.

Over 4K revs its rough...cant get by 65 mph...

And if bike is left standing and just revs its ok...but slower looking without exup..does that make sense?

Tick is around cylinder head area yes, not sure if its cause I changed the spark plug caps or not, as bike idles and is better at pulling away than before.

Over 4K revs its rough...cant get by 65 mph...

And if bike is left standing and just revs its ok...but slower looking without exup..does that make sense?

You are right,it will be the exup valve causing you a prob.You could try pegging it open & taking it for a ride. Strip your valve out of the exhaust,be prepared for broken bolts though as there are a bit of swine.You will benefit massively from this,reassemble with loads of copper slip,replace both cables as your problem was probably the exup valve seizing up & the other is probably streched as well. Try granby in ilkeston 0115 9300020 they usually have them in stock,knowledgable guys in parts & the workshop manager is a top guy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online